2023 Covid-19 Update #1 Issued 09:00 Mon 02/01/23
See Tech More Clearly is now operating fully following the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Our Full Range of Services is now available again, either in person, by collect and return, or by telephone or online remote assistance, but there are still some precautionary requirements (see below)
- Internet problems
- Retuning TV’s and updating software (We do not deal with aerials or satellite dishes.)
- Problems with Android phones or tablets or iOS iPhones and iPad tablets.
- Installing printer Inks and cleaning and resetting printers.
- Problems with printers connecting to the Internet or other devices
- Slow running computers and tablets
- Windows Update issues and App updates
- Virus and Malware problems
- Inspections and repairs
- General system tweaking
- Email configurations
We now provide a loan computer or Android phone for the time we keep your device.
The following services are available by telephone and online remote assistance.
- Direct control of Windows 10 Devices via the Quick Assist App*
- Live messaging and support with images via WhatsApp or Skype during a telephone conversation for other devices not running Windows 10.
- Email and telephone recommendations and support with buying and setting up new technology including computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones, televisions, broadcast or media streaming devices and smart speakers or devices. (Including delivery and set up of items purchased if required.)
- Help with:
> Microsoft/Google/Android/Apple user accounts
> Email configurations
> Windows 10, Android or iOS/ipadOS settings, emails, apps, updates and configurations
> Help using macOS/osX computers made by Apple
> Training and support with Libre Office on either Windows 10 or macOS, Edge Browser (or Chrome Browser) [on Windows 10, macOS, Android or iOS/ipadOS, Using the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar App, working with PDF’s, File Explorer and getting the most out of Windows 10.
> Training and support with the Photos App on Windows 10, Android phones and tablets, macOS/osX (Apple) computers or iOS/ipadOS iPhones and iPad tablets.
> Training and support with OneDrive, Google Drive or Dropbox across all platforms, or iCloud on Apple or Windows computers and devices.
* An internet connection is required to use the Quick Assist feature built into Windows 11 and Windows 10.
COVID19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
On-premises visits are available at short notice to anyone located in Dorset, or by arrangement to other locations in England and Wales that meets these criteria:
- All clients are asked to confirm whether or not they have been vaccinated at least twice for Covid-19. [No judgement will be passed for anyone who is unvaccinated, but it is necessary for our staff to work slightly differently if this is the case.]
- Clients or anyone in the household have not been diagnosed with Covid19, or had Covid19 symptoms (high temperature, persistent cough or loss of taste and smell) for at least seven days before the date of the visit.
- Clients who have not been double-vaccinated or triple-vaccinated are able to wear masks and work at a distance of 1-2 metres indoors. [If this is not possible our staff may request rearranging the appointment to work remotely or take away devices to repair or set up remotely and return within a few days.]
- A window can remain open during the visit near the working area for all visits.
- Telephone consultations are available to all throughout the United Kingdom.
- Remote assistance via telephone and direct connection is available to clients running Windows 11 or Windows 10.
- Remote help via telephone and either WhatsApp or Skype is available to clients and anyone else based in the United Kingdom using other devices.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements free of charge, and then book a consultation at a date and time to suit you. All charges are invoiced for payment by bank transfer or debit/credit card within 15 days after the consultation.